Service Master Cleaner

Service Master Cleaner

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Expert Tile Stripping, Refinishing and Burnishing

General Questions About Tile Stripping, Refinishing and Burnishing by ServiceMaster

Question:
My bathtub has been painted with a coating and it is peeling and flaking.
What can be done with it?, do I need a new tub or can it be repaired?

Answer:
Your bathtub may have been refinished either by the homeowner or professionally. The most effective solution is to have it stripped and refinished professionally again, this is not a do-it-yourself installation. There are strong chemicals involved, specifically methylene chloride paint remover, is the only thing that will remove epoxy paint, (most likely that’s what is on the tub now), the room must be well ventilated and it takes about one to two hours to remove all the coatings on the tub surface. Not a pleasant job to do, but extremely important.

Question:
I have a rather small bathroom with black boarder tiles and grayish light purple tiles in between. The tiles go half way up the wall. I am trying to figure out a paint color for the walls and what type of paint should I use?

Answer:
Visit your local paint supplier for help in choosing the right colors for your project. Most paint dealers have a decorator available to help you coordinate your color choices as well as samples of available colors to further aid in the decision making process.

Question:
I would like to paint my bathroom sink. It is flaking and I really can’t afford a new at this time. Is there anything I could do to make it look better.
Answer:
We would suggest reading the first question. Or give the ServiceMaster by Best a call at 316.413.5776.

Question:
I would like to know how to texture paint my bathroom.

Answer:
There are a variety of textured products available to texture these surfaces one of which is Bondex Company. For information on their products and application processes you may contact Bondex or visit your local home center.

Question:
I have taken down the wallpaper in the bathroom. Now I have started to paint the walls and the wall is not smooth. Is there a way to paint it to add to the texture that is on the wall?

Answer:
A Company called Bondex makes a texture paint in smooth, medium, and rough texture finishes.

Question:
I would like to give my bathroom walls a silver metallic look. Is this possible? Can you recommend a suitable paint and where i can purchase it.

Answer:
Caution should be used when looking for a silver paint, make sure that this paint is non-leafing. Contact ServiceMaster by Best company at 316.413.5776 for detailed application process.

Question:
During our own painting process in our new apartment. My husband washing paint brushes in our washing sink and drip over our floor tiles. There are a lot of old paint which cannot be scrip easily – because it was not thick, just a layer of thin paint. Please advise how should I remove all these paint?

Answer:
Try using denatured alcohol to remove the paint drips from your floor. Denatured alcohol is available form your local paint or hardware store. If this does not work look for products like “Goof Off” or “Oops”, also available at your local paint or hardware store.

No comments:

Post a Comment